**Title**: Kara no Shoujo
**Original Title**: 殻ノ少女
**Length**: Medium (10 - 30 hours)
**Year**: Japan 2008-07-04, English Version 2011-06-29, FULL VOICE HD SIZE EDITION 2019-12-20, Patch v1.04 2020-07-06
**Developer**: Innocent Grey
**Publishers**: Innocent Grey
**Related Anime**: [AniDB](http://anidb.net/a7037)
**Translation**: MangaGamer(everything except prologue, interludes and a few new text lines)
**Prologue translation and Patch**: [Oneline](https://imgur.com/a/MNwpjHU)(incl. all untranslated content)
1. You'll probably need to change system locale to Japanese(not tested on another system locale), then install NotoSans-Regular.ttf and run Launcher.exe to avoid text issues.
2. The patch ports the translation from the [English Voiced Edition by MangaGamer](https://sukebei.nyaa.si/view/1699379) to the FULL VOICE HD SIZE EDITION.
3. Patch highlights:
- transfers translated text from the official english release (all 537 scripts, incl. character names and choices);
- translates UI (menus, dates, chapters, places, notebook, map, relations, etc);
- fixes text output in NVL sections (vertical, right to left -> horizontal, top to bottom);
- fixes text alignment in choices;
- translates prologue (also known as japanese trial version);
- translates new text (interludes, crime scene intros, misc).
4. Partial list of changes in comparison with original release:
- CGs redrawn in 720p with better lighting and anatomy (+ added some new ones);
- new opening;
- voiced protagonist;
- jump to choice option;
- investigate crime scenes as long as you need;
- extras now has ending list.
5. Known Issues
- "The game looks blurry in fullscreen mode [critical] - To fix that, change desktop resolution to 1280x720 and check free aspect ratio in the game options."
- "Opening doesn't play after prologue [critical] - If you have LAV Filters installed, try resetting settings or uninstalling it. This can be the reason."
- "Takashiro hospital becomes Takanari after loading save file with map section [minor] - No solution"
- "Screen is not fully dimmed, when "end investigation" dialog appears [minor] - No solution"
- "Some very long sentences are splitted [not a bug] - Making a font even smaller is not an option. Using 4 lines with current size won't be enough and will look ugly
I suggest you checking voice continues after advancing in the game options."
**Screenshots from the Japanese HD version**: