**Original title**: うたわれるもの
**Genre**: Tactical role-playing Visual novel
**Length**: Medium (10 - 30 hours)
**Year**: Japan 2002-04-26, English Patch 2008-02-09
**Developer**: Sting & Leaf
**Related Anime**: [AniDB](https://anidb.net/a3427)
**Translation**: [Mirror Moon](http://mirrormoon.org/projects/complete/utawarerumono/) & Soylations
Waking up injured, a man finds himself in a small village after being rescued by an apprentice physician. Having no memory of who he is and a mask he cannot take off, he decides to live with the other villagers peacefully. But peace is fragile, as a single event in their village plunges himself and his fellow villagers into a path of war.
1. You need to change locale to Japanese before installing the game.
2. Mount the .iso image file with DAEMON Tools and do not unmount in order to play. The available crack is not working with every system.
3. Run the setup; a pop-up message will appear, click OK; on the next pop-up message click yes; click OK to start the installation.
4. English Patch instructions:
Run the English patch version 1.1. If a pop-up message warning you about Windows version appears, just click yes to continue(it will ask you twice), then install the English patch. Tested on Windows 7 and working.
5. Move the contents of "Utawarerumono Voice Patch" to the game folder(C:\\Program Files\\Utawarerumono) and run utaware-voice.exe for the voiced version.
1. Windows 98/ME/XP with DirectX 8.1 or higher installed
2. Pentium III 500MHz or more